Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gilded Age Project Midway Checkpoint

           At this point in the project, our group has had multiple days in class to begin the project.  Unfortunately, I missed one of those days but I was able to catch up quite easily.  To begin, our group came up with a rough idea for a plot, which included ideas of how to to incorporate all the necessary aspects of the play.  We also began to assign characters.  Once I decided I would be playing a "suffragette" I began to use my knowledge gained from the textbook to find more specific information through primary and secondary sources.  I researched organizations that helped women, which included the National Labour Union and The National American Woman Suffrage Association.  I also researched significant women during this time period, including Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony.  Using the information I found through these sources, I was able to write a short scene that integrated the ideas that women often fought for, such as suffrage and temperance.   We will soon be meeting outside of school to finish our script and playbill and have a rehearsal/run through.

No comments:

Post a Comment