Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gilded Age Project Reflection

     After participating in this project, I gained new knowledge and insights about the time period.  The research I did helped put me into the time period to understand the information from the time of the actual events.  I also learned about the events in more detail, since primary sources show specific aspects of each event whereas the textbook provides a general overview.  I liked the layout of the project and how it was formatted in a way that was logical with the information.  I also really enjoyed participating in a play and I think acting it out and seeing the events happen helped me remember and understand the information more.
     In regards to the project itself, I really enjoyed participating in these groups.  I feel that our group worked very well together and we were able to communicate efficiently.  To be quite honest, this is one of the few projects (the other being the Federalist Era video project) where I actually really loved working in groups.  We did not have many scheduling difficulties and each individual participated an equal amount and finished his/her research or other work by the designated time we assigned.  It was a little bit nerve-wracking knowing that our group would not be meeting until the Sunday before the project was due, but we were able to use our time well and finish everything we intended to.  Although we were up a little late on Sunday night making final adjustments and finishing touches, we all contributed and it wasn't just that "one person up the night before doing all the work".  In regards to meeting time, we were able to establish a time where everyone was able to meet

No comments:

Post a Comment